Almost Virtual Food Drive
25 October @ 8:00 AM - 31 October @ 5:00 PM
Goal: Be the class that collects the most food and money to support the efforts of Harvest Hope Food Bank to feed the hungry in SC! Be the Best Class
Why do we do this? The need is huge:
- Harvest Hope Food Bank is a non-profit servinga 20-county area. They work to ensure that no person goes without food on their table
- 1 in 6 people in SC struggle daily to have enough food. This includes the elderly and children in cities and in rural areas.
- Last year they distributed 33 million pounds of food.
- Because of COVID-19 and the downturn in the economy they are experiencing a demand that is 4 times higher than last year.
- The average person uses the Emergency Food Pantry 3 times before getting back on their feet.
How do we help?
- Bring canned or non-perishable to the law school and put in your class box, located outside the Café.
- Donate money to your class through one of these options